Monday, May 10, 2010

Battle with a baby gate......

I have a toddler and as we all know with toddlers come baby gates. I have stepped over this thing more than a million times over the past year so why is it that now when I am trying to get in shape that it chooses to lash out and try to kill me? Like any other time I stepped over.....only this time my left foot caught. I did the required hop several times to regain my balance but to no avail. I fell forward getting my hands up in just enough time to keep me from smashing my face into the cheap carpet that covers my apartment floors. All 200lbs of me came crashing down onto my left knee!! My beautiful daughter starring blankly as I crash into the floor. Somehow I managed to keep from screaming obscenities that would make a sailor blush and all that comes out of my mouth is "Mommy went plop." After ice and elevation I tried to keep on track. My usual 2 mile walk became a near death experience so the next day I cut it down....again death. I threw in the towel and took the weekend off. Hopefully Monday will be better. I still have a bruise the size of a tennis ball and the color of an extremely ripe plum on my knee but this too shall pass. As for the baby gate......I have a ceremonial burning planned for that damned thing!!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch!!! sometimes you just have to take time off. sorry about ur fall. %^(

    ReplyDelete