Friday, April 30, 2010

My beginning was when I realized just how vain I really am. 17 months ago I gave birth via c-section to a beautiful baby girl. Due to health issues and hospital screw ups I was a swollen 245lbs. Now, over a year later I'm holding steady at 200lbs and quite frankly pissed about it! While complaining to a co-worker about all the options that had failed me she said quite innocently "You should run." Hmmmmm.....run? This is something that is beyond foreign to me but okay.....I'll look into it. I e-mailed another friend that had started out a chubby smoker (much like myself) and is now running marathons. What she sent back was a wonderful and informative e-mail containing a training schedule!!! Well due to some set backs I've had to modify that schedule a bit but damn if I'm not out every day doing the best that I can! I'm not looking for miracles but 20lbs would be nice. :) Oh...and I'm about to sign up for my first 5k in July to support LifeLine of Ohio!!! I may end up walking it but come hell or high water I'll finish! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around you jogging. How's it going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The running is slow but the walking is getting faster by the day! I know.....me running!!!!! Funny stuff!! :)

    ReplyDelete